Crosstalk Basics with Ultrasonic Sensors
- Crosstalk means the mutual influence of the sensors. Crosstalk comes up with adjacently mounted sensors.
- There are two synchronization modes to avoid crosstalk:
- Both modes ensure a high level of functional safety.
- In the common mode the sensors send and evaluate all received echos at the same time.
- Up to 10 sensors can be connected to each other via PIN 5
- This function can be used instantly, after connecting the sensors
- Consider irregular surfaces
- In the multiplexing mode, the sensor sends the signal consecutively, so the sensors only evaluate their own echos.
- Up to 4 sensors can be connected to each other via PIN 5
- Disadvantage: Increasing the response time
Network = (Response time Sensor * n) + 25ms (with n = Number of sensors in the network)
- To activate the multiplexing mode, PIN 5 has to be connected with the ground/GND for minimum 5s, after applying the operating voltage.